We’ve moved! Since creating this blog in 2017, we’ve launched Becoming Mama — artfully crafted fashions for bump to breastfeeding. Please visit our new blog for the latest and greatest. Happy mommy-ing!
Whenever my husband is feeling a little homesick, I like to make him some home-style Moroccan food. He loves a good tajine, which is basically the original Crockpot. Unfortunately, we don’t always have the time or spare hands to cook one!
So many tajines! This is a staple meal in Morocco.
We’ve adapted his chicken tajine recipe for the Instant Pot, and while it’s not quite as good as the real thing, it’s pretty dang delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Our first trip to Morocco as a couple in 2017.
The recipe I follow makes 6 – 8 servings. I used to loathe leftovers before the baby came… but now I find it so handy to have an extra meal for lunch the next day or two! Just chop the ingredients in half if leftovers aren’t your thing.
Believe it or not… this was taken at a gas station in Morocco. We have some catching up to do, US!
3 lbs chicken drumsticks (you can use breasts or thighs if you don’t like the bones!)
6 small – medium potatoes
1.5 cups carrots, chopped or baby
1 large onion, diced
1 can peas, drained
½ cup olive oil
½ cup chicken broth (check the ingredients carefully for allergens)
2 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
- Combine the olive oil and seasonings in a medium bowl, then stir.
- Place the drumsticks in the bowl and coat them with the seasoning mixture.
- Transport the drumsticks to the Instant Pot and pour the remaining seasoning mixture inside.
- Pour the chicken broth in the Instant Pot, followed by the potatoes, carrots, onion and peas.
- Set the Instant Pot to 14 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot has finished its cycle, plate and enjoy! Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
This meal is healthy, delicious, and so easy! Do you make Moroccan cuisine at home? Tell me all about your favorites!